HOW YOU CAN HELP
Girls on the Run of Pamlico County is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization. Both men and women volunteers are welcome! You can help us make a difference in the lives of girls.
WE NOW HAVE AN EXCITING NEW ONLINE, CLOUD-BASED DATA SYSTEM! WE NEED YOU TO REGISTER SO WE CAN HAVE YOUR INFORMATION IN THE NEW DATABASE.
CLICK HERE FOR A FORM TO FILL OUT GIVING US THE INFORMATION WE NEED.
IT WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.
Complete the form all the way to the end. An incomplete form will not be saved.
If you are using a small screen like a phone, scroll to the RIGHT to see all of the question.
Contact Betsy or Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or for help with the online form.
We always need new helpers. Here are some ways you can help:
- Board of Directors (2-3 new members each year)
- Coaching Team (3-4 adults for each group of girls)
- Program Support
- Outreach/Public Relations
- 5K Fun Run
Board of Directors – What does the Board do?
- Supports the program and the coaches
- Encourages and helps the Council Director
- Puts on the 5K Fun Runs
- Makes decisions, raises money, and organizes events
- Recruits new Board Members
- Keeps financial and other records
- Has FUN in a small, friendly, informal group
- Are you trying to lead a healthy life?
- Are you enthusiastic with a positive outlook?
- Are you available in the late afternoon?
You might enjoy being a coach! We will train you to assist an experienced Head Coach. All materials are provided. A background check is required.
- Coordinate registration for Spring or Fall
- Purchase snacks and supplies
- Order T-shirts
- Write news articles and ads
- Make contacts in community to recruit volunteers
- Create or revise posters and brochures
- Distribute/put up posters and brochures
5K Fun Run Volunteers
At the end of each season, the girls participate in the Girls on the Run Series 5K Fun Run at the Pamlico County High School track. We need lots of people to help with:
- Event Planning – November and March
- Volunteer Coordinator – contact our volunteers by email, recruit volunteers for the event and assign the various tasks.
- Event Day Volunteers – help set up and decorate starting at 8:30AM Saturday. Register girls and running buddies, welcome family members, and help at the Happy Hair table. This is a one-morning commitment.